Use our public tools
We have two tools that allow access to our full archive of over 5 billion sentences. The Mediameter Dashboard provides a polished interface to search our archive. The Core Search Tool provides a simple interface for users to execute raw solr queries against our data.
Access to these two tools (other than a demo version of the dashboard) requires registration.
In addition to the two tools above, we have developed a variety of innovative tools that allow users to explore how stories and topics travel through online media.
Use our API
We have a public API that allows access to data from our archive, including searching through our collection of over 5 billion sentences. The API allows access to a broad array of our data, including:
- over 25 thousand media sources
- 425 million stories collected from those media sources
- over 5 billion sentences parsed from those stories
The full api spec is available with the rest of the code on github.
Join our mailing list
We have two public mailing lists that discuss Media Cloud:
- mediacloud-users – discussion of public use of our data and tools — this is our main support forum
- mediacloud-announce – low traffic list for major project related announcements
Contribute to our codebase
All our code is open source on GitHub.
Follow this site
We often build new tools, publish papers, and give talks, all of which we will announce at this site. So keep checking back for new developments.
Email email@example.com with any questions not addressed here.